Re: Jim Hawes

  • Subject: Re: Jim Hawes
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:41:59 EDT

In a message dated 5/10/2004 9:49:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
njhosta@hotmail.com writes:
  Jim was feisty and lovable in a grandfatherly sort of way, and an
inspiration to many of us who knew him to delve a little further into the
scientific side of hostas. He was straightforward and honest, and you always
knew where you stood with him. He was a great friend and mentor to many of us

Bill,
Thanks for the touching tribute to Jim.

I regret that I never had the chance to meet him personally but he surely was
one who sparked the interest in the hosta world that swept me away, as well
as many others, who were early members of the "lists".

Narda