2003 Registrations

  • Subject: 2003 Registrations
  • From: "Dan & Lu Nelson" <Hostanut@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 09:53:00 -0400

Just wondering if there are new rules, or if registrants are just
being....secretive?

I notice this year's registrations have many, many listings as hybrids, but
don't list who the pollen parent is. Is this something new? For example, Bob's
Corkscrew shows it's parentage as a Tortifrons Hybrid, but I know it's pollen
parent is One Man's Treasure. Why isn't that on the registration? Is it
something Bob did? Not picking on Bob, that are really lots like this and I
happen to love Corkscrew and remembered it. Why would anyone want to share the
information when it is known? I could understand open pollinated plants, but
if both parents are known, wouldn't we want accurate registration info?

Curious, ya'll know me and my database obsession....

Lu & Dan