Re: 2003 Registrations

  • Subject: Re: 2003 Registrations
  • From: Giboshiman@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 11:59:25 EDT

I happen to have an abbreviated version of the database that Jim uses to help
George with classification and it looks like the 'Corkscrew' entry somehow
didn't work in the query as it is properly entered for both Pod and Pollen
parents, but the query only is picking up the pod parent.  The others that are
listed as hybrids that I just randomly checked really have pollen parent listed as
"unknown" and the query turns them into a hybrid of the pod parent.  Others
that have both parents listed that I randomly checked are picked up properly.
There is no "space" in front of the pollen parent name, so that is not the
cause.  We will have to print a correction in next year's registration book for
this and any others we/you find.  Please feel free to email me on any others
that surprise you and I will check what I have and report back.  I am sorry for
the error.   The query should have worked for Corkscrew and picked up the
pollen parent but it did not.  I am guessing that we will find others!  Life is
never perfect no hard we try!

Thanks again for the heads up!