Re: 2004 Hosta registrations

  • Subject: Re: 2004 Hosta registrations
  • From: "Bobby Baxter - Wake Forest, NC" irismoose@daylily.net
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 21:05:01 -0400

Bill, thank you for your reply. I have noticed in the new checklist how many plants have been observed for 6 or 7 years before compiling the data for registration.

I can see where a name reservation process would be an asset to the hosta hybridizers. Being able to hold a name for 4 or possibly 5 years prior to completing the registration would ensure the hybridizers cultivar name would be available if the plant does warrant registration after full evaluation.

Bill, you also mentioned "the Registrar does not accept publication in print as is done with daylilies."

I am not aware of this practice with daylilies. At least I can not think of 1 daylily registered in the last 10 years that was not properly processed through the submittal of a registration application with appropriate fees.

Thanks again for those great points you made.

Bobby

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Meyer" <njhosta@hotmail.com>