Re: Hosta ID needed

  • Subject: Re: Hosta ID needed
  • From: ctuttle39@juno.com
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 06:29:59 -0400

Hi John,

I too use the Avery clear address labels (Avery 5667) and print them out
with a laser printer.  Works GREAT and looks very good.  The disadvantage
is that the sheet of labels contain a 30 count and you should not keep
running the label through the printer multiple times.  When the plant
goes into my garden, the plastic label with UniPaint pen writing goes
into the hole (be consistent where you put it so that you can find it
years later - e.g. on the north side IN the hole) and a temporary label
is placed above ground - again use the PAINT pen.  When I get at least 15
or more plants that need a permanent label, I will print them out and
affix them to the permanent marker.

Hopes that this helps.

Charles

Where I am hatching chicken eggs in the basement.  Fancy breeds - but
fun!!  The by product of the chickens (poop) makes for good flower garden
fertilizer.  Look up: Red Shouldered Yokohama  and  Spitzhauben.