Re: [openhosta] Re: VINEGAR

<<  This is Lou in Peoria.  Got a questions to any who can help me.  My friend
  Debbie sprayed her hosta with vinegar and it seemed to burn the leaves.
Some
  she sprayed full strength and some half strength.  She did this in the
 evening
  so no sun touched them until maybe the next afternoon.  Many of the ones
  sprayed half strength have spots like it took the color out of the leaf and
  the full strength actually destroyed many whole leaves.  We both thought the
  vinegar would not hurt the hosta at all.  Can anyone give me some feed back
 on
  this. >> >>

PLEASE GO LOOK AT THEM ONCE AGAIN.....I BELIEVE THE VINEGAR HASTENED THE DEATH
OF TISSUE THAT WAS ALREADY DAMAGED FROM FROST OR THE SLUGS THEMSELVES....

I TOO HAVE DAMAGE....IN 3 FORMS......SMALL ROUNDISH CIRCLES [LIKE THE LEAF HAD
BEEN CHEWED BY A SLUG]......OR LONGISH STREAKS THAT LOOK LIKE THE SHAPE OF A
SLUG.....OR ON THE OLDEST LEAVES.....THOSE WHICH WERE SUBJECTED TO FROST OVER
THE LAST 3 WEEKS......

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF THE VINEGAR TREATMENT.....BUT I DO ENJOY WATCHING
THOSE BAST----S DIE........

KEN