Re: Treating slugs with ammonia

Use a solution of 1 part ammonia to 6-8parts of water. This dilution should
not damage your foliage. I prefer a solution of 1 part vinegar to 4-5 parts of
water since my soil is naturally alkaline and the vinegar atleast temporarily
acidifies my soil.I have been spraying at the base of my plants as the slugs
hide in that area during the day and I have found their eggs in the soil in
that area as well. As the soil warms(now) the eggs are hatching and I hope to
get the little suckers before they get bigger at my hostas' expense!
If you have reservations about using either solution , try using them just
prior to a rain. They work rather quickly on the slugs but should be less
likely to harm the foliage of the plants. Full strength of either solution
will quickly turn your leaves to compost material.
Good luck and keep up the battle,
Ter
Zn6 and spraying