Re: Strange Problem

I did dig the hosta and check the root system. I found no sign of crown rot or
any fungus whatsoever. The roots were in great condition, except for the fact
that they were growing slow. I found no soft tissue anywhere and there was no
presence of any foul odor. There was a problem with moles (not voles in this
case) digging tunnels everywhere in my gardens, but that has been taken care of.
Weed and feed fertilizer was applied to the lawn but not anywhere near the plant.

Hope this clears up any grey areas.
Thanks,
Mike Groothuis
zone 5