Re: Strange Problem

In a message dated 5/10/1998 7:28:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
dkrueger@fdldotnet.com writes:

<< Dee Krueger-Zone 4-Wisconsin
 Hi to all,  I have been reading all the strange problem letters and I
 have one too, only different.  I was looking at the garden tonight where
 I have some of my hostas and I found this one with a clump of (what I
 would call) mushrooms surrounding the plants.  This clump of mushrooms
 was about 8 inches wide and about 10 inches high.  I took the hoe and
 tried to get them all away from the plants.  My question is--should I
 dig up this plant to get rid of the rest of this mess or will it just go
 away.  The hostas look real healty.  I have never seen anything like
 this in the garden before.  Any help will be appreciated.  >>
Dee,
I would do nothing. I find mushrooms charming, except in a formal garden.

Clyde Crockett z5