Re: Some Questions and Comments

In a message dated 5/11/1998 9:31:22 PM Central Daylight Time, MRD902@aol.com
writes:

<< Also picked up a 'Frosted Jade'  Really nice looking.  I know you won an
 award with it.  Which one?  Want to brag about it?  Go ahead - I'll listen.

Actually, it won two awards.<VBG> One was the AlaHoSo Cup and the other I
cannot remember.
That was at the Indy AHS CoRnvention{:>) in '89. I could not attend the Awrds
Banquet becuz I had a horrible torn cartilage in my left knee. So, Carol and
son John went in my stead. I made them go becuz I figgered I was a shoo-in for
the Best Garden Award--the sadly missed Gretchen H. Award. Stygall garden was
not on tour and neither was Suzi Werts. Randy Goodwins had been decimated by a
hail storm.

So they return and John runs up the stairs and I am lying in bed reading "War
and Peace" and John says, "Dad!! You won TWO awards!" I says, "Yes, the H. and
what else?"
"Sorry Dad. Mr. Goodwin won the H."
I then began cursing in German and had operation on Monday and have NEVER
recovered from the surgery or the defeat!! {:>)

Clyde "Bad Sport" Crockett