Re: Some Questions and Comments

In a message dated 5/11/98 11:08:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, CCREDUX@aol.com
writes:

<< I then began cursing in German and had operation on Monday and have NEVER
 recovered from the surgery or the defeat!! {:>) >>

Ah, so this is the source of the anti-AHS campaign.  Cleansing your soul on
the internet?
I have been asked to do a tour this year and I have refused.  Two times was
more than enough.  Why did you do it?  What would you do with the award?  Are
awards quite important?

Ed was something of a jock over the years, now it is golf awards.  What I have
not been able to get rid of are in the attic used by Michael as "army men".
He shoots them with clothespin guns.  A beautiful and satisfying garden is
therapy to it's owner, an award is unfortunately something to live up to.  It
may ruin your pleasure.

I will propose that our club send Clyde an award as a good citizen of AHS.
Ten years too late perhaps but it would be sincere.

Next weekend there will be five garden sales from arboretums and societies.  I
am expected at the AHEMS sale/meeting.  I am personna non grata over there
since I wrote a review of the sex obsessed grower named Hanson.  I said he
named his introductions from magazines kept under the mattress and that did
not make a hit with the regional worthies.  I am tired of contributing plants
to sales - you need bushels of top soil or pro-mix plus pots to prepare them.
Then you go the sale to find lily-of-the-valley, quince suckers, other things
that multiply quickly.  Spitback plants is the name around here.

Claire Peplowski