Re: Patriot

In a message dated 5/15/1998 2:34:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
janh@infocom.com writes:

<< I just put out a brand new hosta garden.  My Patriot is wilting down in
this
 hot summer weather and it is soooooo new.  Can it take any sun?
 Jan - Zone 5, Richmond, IN

Hi Jan:

Yes --in fact it grows well in quite a bit of sun here in central Indiana. BUT
if you just recently transplanted it best thing to do is to water it regularly
and mulch heavily.
The picture of Patriot on the OFC of Shady Oaks catalog is growing in a lot of
hot sun and is a magnificent specimen. I have an image of it in my
files--shall be glad to send one to you jpg. format if you'd like. (Anyone
else too!)

Something else you might do---apply to perimeter a weak solution of B1 and
H2O.

Clyde Crockett , Doctor of Hostriatics <G>