Which to buy?

If you could buy just one expensive plant (at least on my budget)
for $15.  Would you recommend Sum and Substance or Patriot?  Why
or Why not?  Is this cost about right for the plant quality?
This is the only splurge I can even afford this year.  I am so
glad I spent all I could last summer and pretty much filled up my
shade garden.

Also added a Lady's Slipper yesterday that will be simply buried
in its nursery pot so I can insure it has the right soil.

I took a survey today and decided that some kid must have moved
some labels around.  Hope I can identify everything with Paul
Aden's book to verify that everything is properly  identified.
Somehow I don't think I can blame a squirrel for taking metal
plant labels out of
the ground and moving them around!.

Have also decided that Tiny tears, Green Elf, Green Eyes, Rock
Princess,Little Jim and Chartreuse Wiggles must be moved to a
trough because they are getting lost in the bigger garden (only
13 by 6 ft).  The trough will show them off better.  Am planning
on using regular
potting soil in the trough.  Will probably have to protect it
some this winter.

Has anyone grown these in a trough?  How did you winter protect?

Diana Pederson, Michigan, Zone 5, United States
SUITE101 Editor:  http://www.suite101.com/topics/page.cfm/262
Home page: