Re: New to list too!

>         I have plans for the next few years to fill my front yard with trees
> and shrubs to make a mini-forest. I want to then fill in with ferns and
> hosta with not a scrap of grass.

Ann,
Your plans sound wonderful, I'm not sure what is hardy in your zone
but when you get your woodland garden established I'd think about some
trillium or lady slipper as well.
For smsll hosta, I also like Masquerade (venusta variegated). I'm also
working on getting small to miniature hostas so I'll know better in a
year or so which one's I really like best.
Joanne
jopyz@earthlink.net
Hamburg,NY
zone 5/6