Request for Plant Material

Hello Hosta Lovers All, (with request to Ken to cc. to OLG)

In the interest of Hosta Horticultural Science I am seeking one division
each of H. 'Valery's Vanity', H.'Canadian Shield' and H.'Grunspect"
from reliable sources to plant side by side three other sports of
H.'Halcyon' reported to be synonyms, i.e. H. 'Peridot', H.'Devon Green'
and H.'Kryptonite'. I will purchase the plants at market price or
exchange others of higher value with you for this longterm clonal
planting trial.

If possible please provide historical background information to
establish basic authenticity of the name and the plant source. I promise
to make known information obtained from this clonal comparative
planting. Please e-mail me privately to avoid disturbing others not
interested in this matter.

Jim Hawes Oakland MD
hawesj@gcnet.net