Re: TC and OS

<< Or I may have obtained my original plants from a lab
 several years ago and have been dividing clumps ever since.  Is it still
 tc after 5 generations?  It kind of makes the terms rather meaningless
 unless they are narrowly defined, and I guess only the AHS has the clout
 to do that.

 Opinions?

TC PLANTS CAN NEVER BE CONSIDERED OS....PERIOD......

THERE ARE COLLECTORS WHO REQUIRE, NAY DEMAND, ORIGINATORS STOCK.....

THOSE PEOPLE CLAIM THAT THE PLANTS ARE SUPERIOR......AND WITHOUT A
DOUBT.....TRUE TO FORM & DESCRIPTION.....THERE ARE VERY SMALL ODDS THAT IT
WILL REVERT [I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT STREAKED BREEDING STOCK] OR CHANGE INTO
SOMETHING ELSE....

OS CAN, IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, BE TRACED BACK TO THE ORIGINATOR....MOST PEOPLE
WHO SELL OS PLANTS PAID A PREMIUM AND SELL AT A PREMIUM........I BELIEVE THAT
BOB KUK AND VAN WADE LIST BOTH TYPES OF PLANTS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE
CATALOGS....AND CHARGE ACCORDINGLY FOR EACH....

FOR THE NEOPHYTE OR AVERAGE COLLECTOR, I PERSONALLY FEEL THAT ONLY PRICE
MATTERS......I WILL NOT PAY A PREMIUM FOR OS, IF I CAN GET IT CHEAPER....ON
THE OTHER HAND, NO IMMATURE TC LINER IS WORTH ANYTHING.....ON THE THIRD HAND I
WILL GET OS IF THE PRICE IS RESONABLE....AND ON THE 4TH HAND, IF THE PLANT IS
A NOTORIOUSLY SLOW GROWER, OS STOCK MAY BE WORTH THE MONEY.....WE ALL HAVE HAD
TC PLUGS SIT THERE FOR 2 OR 3 YEARS DOING NOTHING......A GOOD CROWN CUT OFF A
MATURE PLANT WILL USUALLY GROW FASTER AND SOONER, BUT NOT ALWAYS.....

SO MUCH FOR MY OPINION....KEN