Tree Book

Hi Hosta Friends:

One of my favorite old garden books, that I relied on for many years, is
'Trees for American Gardens' by Donald Wyman.  Those of you familiar
with this volume know that it is very outdated; the last edition was
published in 1965.  In it he reviewed over 1200 species/varieties of
trees with regard to their suitability for landscape planting.  He
included a secondary list in which he describes an additional 1800
trees.  He discussed hardiness, order of bloom, ornamental fruits,
foliage color, form, vigor, and so on. It was a wonderful book.

Do any of you have suggestions for a modern replacement dealing with
ornamental trees?

Regards,

Mark, Woodstock,  NY  z5/4.
Where it rained from May 1 through May 14th and then STOPPED!