Re: ORIGINAL STOCK?

<< If it is agreed that OS is to represent a cultivar that can be proven to
 have come from the originator of the cultivar, then we must define
 "originator" >>

JIM....I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT THE TERM "ORIGINATOR" REFERED TO THE FACT THAT
THE HOSTA CAN FROM THE ORIGINAL PLANT.......

IT IS THE ABILITY TO TRACE IT BACK TO THAT PLANT....

NOT BACK TO THE PERSON WHO BREED IT, PROPAGATED IT, REGISTERED IT, IMPORTED
IT......

MY GOD.....I HOPE WE ARE NOT TAKING THIS BACK TO THE 'PERSONIFICATION'
ISSUE.....YOU KNOW....WHAT WAS THAT TERM???

ANYWAY....IMHO ITS THE ORIGINAL PLANT....NOT THE PEOPLE INVOLVED....OF COURSE
IF I AM RIGHT....THEN THE TERM IS RIDICULOUS IN ITS USE......SINCE IT WOULD
PROPERLY BE "ORIGINAL STOCK"

BUT THEN....WHAT THE HELL DO I KNOW.....

KEN

PS:   BUT THEN, I SUPPOSE YOU COULD HAVE 'OS' TC.....SINCE THERE WOULD BE A
UNIQUE EX-PLANT.....WHICH MATURED....AND YOU GET A CROWN CUT......I THINK I
JUST GAVE MYSELF A HEADACHE.......