Re: TC and OS

In a message dated 5/27/1998 10:27:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
ranbl@netsync.net writes:

<< The more we "talk out" problems of
 this kind, the better.  The winner will be you the buyer! >>
I always thought that OS meant that the plant was the same as  the plant that
was the plant of the introducer. And if you grew it and gave a division of it
to someone it would still be OS.
If it were Tissue cultured and the resulting plants were the same as the OS
they would be OS. If a mutant results either from natural sporting or from TC
it would be something else.
If a plant that was tissue cultured and the TC was successful it would be OS.

I think we should forget about the term OS.

Jay Smith