Re: TC and OS question for Hawes

Dear Jim,
On the discussion of tc v. os I have a question to toss in.  How can anyone be
100% certain that in tissue culture a sport will be obvious?  You see, when I
see these scientific topics discussed, I can't help but have these questions
pop into my head.  For example, wouldn't it be possible for plants that are tc
to sport in a way that to our eyes is not noticed, or maybe only slightly.  I
have a friend who claims to have a H. Great Expectations that is from the
originator's stock.  It looks like the same plant, but different in the
coloration of my plant.  I don't think age is a factor, mine is a mature
clump.  I don't think conditions are a factor.  To me, it's sort of like the
same problem we have when Warren Pollock discusses look alike hostas and the
debate rages as to whether or not they are genetically identical. We cannot
say with 100% certainty that all tissue culture plants (and I'm not talking
about noticeably different sports)  are identical to their parents, or can we?
Will a tc sport only sport dramatically?

If I'm not making any sense, forgive and ignore me (LOL)

Kay Dye, Edelstein, IL Zone 5, always pushing 6