Scientific theory aside, my experience has always been that I get far more
sports from TC.  I understand that they do many thousands of plants, but I don't
get many thousands from them, I only get a tray or two, and unless somebody is
putting the oddballs in my trays, I get a disproportionately large number of
sports from the few hundred TC plants I get each year compared to the thousands
of plants I grow.  It also seems to me that the majority of "sports" I receive
from TC involve streaking.  Is it possible that  instance of streaking or other
changes in variegation patterns is far more common in TC than is the case of
formerly solid color plants taking on a form of variegation?  It may be another
case of terminology confusion.  When I first found 'Satisfaction', which is a
green centered form of 'Piedmont Gold' that I found in an old plant, I assumed
that with the thousands of Piedmont Golds in TC that it would have shown up
somewhere else.  I asked Mark Zillis and he said that gold plants throwing a
green center seldom showed up in TC and that he was not aware of that particular
sport occuring anywhere else.  That was several years ago and I still have not
seen it elsewhere.