'Aristocrat'

  Last year I purchased two TCed  'Aristocrat' seedlings. It is a sport of
'Halcyon' I believe. It was a nice blue with a narrow perfect cream edge.
By perfect I mean a very even border. It had good growth and all emerging
leaves  had the same exacting pattern . I mistakeningly saw the  even
border as stable. Both plants this year have very irregular  borders
extending well into the middle of the plant often creating a third color
where an apparent overlapping of layers occurs.  I liked the old version.
Has anyone had a similar experience.
  Glen Williams Vt. zone 5a