Re: "Just green" hostas

Kdye1@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Joanne,
> One plain green that I am crazy about this year is H. 'Permanent Wave'
> another
> is H. 'Lakeside Ripples'
>
> Kay Dye, Edelstein, IL Zone 5, but always pushing 6

   Kdyel;
    Can you give a description of the leaves of  "Permanent Wave" and
"Lakeside Ripples" please. I bought a couple of clumps of hosta today
from a couple who have lovely hosta, but unfortunately did not keep the
name of them. I have a lot that I have no idea the names, but never the
less, the gentleman did know enough about them to give me some tips on
fertilizer. He is looking for a hosta that is called "Ragged Robin" and
has very 'twisted leaves'. Perhaps he also has the name of this
confused, but I told him I'd ask this group about it. Checked the two
sites that Clyde mentioned and did not see "R>R>".
    Do any one else know of the "Ragged Robin" or another that would
suit his purpose?
    Thank you;

    Carrie  zone 5 - 6   Ohio