Re: 'Aristocrat'

WeedRwoman@aol.com wrote:

> << I would be
>  intrested to hear from any of you who have bought young Tc material, and
>  have compaited the resulting plant, with what it is supposed to look
>>

> Hi Ran,
>
> I have been following the discussion on Tc plants vs. naturals, and feel your
> points are well taken.
>
> You are also doing what should be done, but is time consuming for a grower and
> not always "cost effective", by growing on your Tc plants for personal
> screening before selling them to your customers.  Tc doesn't have to mean a
> pig in a poke with the knowledge that is available to growers and gardeners
> today.
>
> Having said the above, I will continue to buy original stock plants whenever
> possible.  I don't have the time nor the space to grow what is supposed to be
> a "clone" of the natural plant, only to find out in three or four years the
> plant is not true.  H. June was discovered in Tc and I have seen various color
> combinations in different plants.  A plant was brought to me from England last
> year, and it is very different from a plant I bought from a grower here in the
> states.  If I had been able to purchase original stock, I would not now be
> concerned with which plant is true, if either.  I.e., it would just be growing
> in my garden and giving me pleasure.
>
> Regards,
> PS
Everythin you say is as I see it.  It is true that "culling" adds to the
cost of the plant.  Taking bad or defictive cars out of a production line
also "costs", but I think in our society we are willing to pay for
certain "minimum" standards.  My arguemant is about real Honesty.  It is
not fair to say to the end user, that She or He will run no more "risk"
with a TC liner, than with a "Natural".  I am simply trying to encourage
am understanding of the real risks.
Thanks
Ran