Re: Hosta Buds (I)

Thank you for responding Jim, the reason I ask is that I have noticed that on
some fall dug winter stored bare root plants, when potted up or planted in
the ground in the spring have there rhizome elongate into tall stems with
sets of leaves up a tall "stem" that looks somewhat like a Christmas tree. As
apposed to the normal acaulescent sets of basil leaves.

All this bud talk has me wondering If I can cut this elongated rhizome into
pieces that will root?
I will have to give it a try the next time it happens.