Re: H. 'Minuteman'

In a message dated 5/6/1999 10:04:18 PM Central Daylight Time,
CCREDUX@aol.com writes:

<< Why is the subject Hosta referred to as an"impoved" H. 'Patriot' ?
 I find it a poor grower; a Francee look-a-like; and it has the drawstring
 effect, to boot.
 Clyde you must have gotten a bad one.
 For me it grows just a little slower than Patriot but has more substance and
a deeper green center and brighter white edge.
'Francee' is a nice Hosta but it's not easy to confuse it with 'Minuteman'
Now 'Green Gold' and 'Francee' look very similar to me.