cotyl

Joe
May I .. suggest friendly to look in any Botany book There is usually
a picture of germinating Allium or  other member of the Liliales .
The  thin threadlike cotyl  ends in a haustorium absorbing food forom
the endosperm in side the black seedcoat. The first  green leaf is
just that: the first leaf .
 Ps After  6 years of classes in latin and greek I know the
difference between mono-- and di---
Ps2 Excuses for the mistakes in
writing , I lost my spectacles this morning
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands