Re: identity of sports

In a message dated 5/12/1999 5:23:08 PM Central Daylight Time,
CCREDUX@aol.com writes:

 There was a great controversy over the decision to name ALL gold sports of
 'Golden Sunburst'. As I recall, Ross protested with no little vigor and
 Isn't the only way to test his and your theories is thru the use of an
 electron microscope or some similar apparatus?
 I look forward to reading your article.
 Hope all is well with you and family.

You would have to do a DNA map using chemical compounds that replicate the
DNA and then sort it all out and map it plus cytological studies--lots of
work and money.
Look at the cost of the Human genome project.

One problem I see with calling all similar looking sports Identical is that
one doe not know how much of the genetic or tissue combinations have changed.
Morphology does not necessarily duplicate cytology or genetics.
To put it simply they might look the same but that does not mean they are.