Re: Yellow/Gold all Season----New Topic---Spring Beauties

In a message dated 5/13/1999 7:09:37 AM Central Daylight Time,
seabeth@heart.net writes:

<< My St. Elmo's Fire is an absolute beauty this spring.  Third year and is
 this what the mature plant does?  It is so bright it hurts my eyes.  Hope
 this holds but I think it is supposed to turn to a yellow green.

 Beth Arnold
 Peoria >>
 Yes it does turn to a yellowish green color. But I think of it as I think of
a tulip---enjoy the brilliant color in the spring. Which brings to mind a new
topic==Spring Beauties.
I wouldn't part with a big stand of 'Fortunei Albopicta' in my garden, or
'Fortunei Aurea' even though they green up.Golden Anniversary is another.
Also, H. ventricosa 'Aureamaculata'. H. longipes 'Aurea'. 'Aoki'.  What are
some others?

Clyde Crockett z5