Re: Hosta Lady

In a message dated 5/15/99 8:24:26 AM Central Daylight Time,
acahanes@frontiernet.net writes:

<< I just heard about a place where they sell a lot of hostas.  All I know
 that they call her The Hosta Lady and she's located in the White Bear
 MN area.  Has anyone that lives around this area ever heard about this
 lady? >>
Hi Vicki,

I wonder if you mean the Shady Ladies in White Bear Lake.  There are 3 of
them and I know that at least 2 of them live on the north side of the lake
and sell hostas from their homes...rotating the sales place...I found them to
be very friendly and eager to give good advice, even showing me what they
consider to be wonderful hostas that dont have a big price tag.   I believe
their sales start this weekend or next, but I'll have to find their card to
confirm this.  Let me know if you want me to.  They have a large selection.
I bought maybe 5 or 6 hostas from them last year and was quite pleased and

Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN