Re: Hosta Lady, now Shady Lady Gardens

In a message dated 5/15/99 10:23:33 PM Central Daylight Time, Cidjohnson
writes:

<<
 I wonder if you mean the Shady Ladies in White Bear Lake.  There are 3 of
them and I know that at least 2 of them live on the north side of the lake
and sell hostas from their homes...rotating the sales place...I found them to
be very friendly and eager to give good advice, even showing me what they
consider to be wonderful hostas that dont have a big price tag.   I believe
their sales start this weekend or next, but I'll have to find their card to
confirm this.  >>

Hi Vicki, Karen and others around the St. Paul, MN area,

I found the post card for the hosta sale I mentioned in a precious post.  The
name these ladies use is Shady Lady Gardens.  The sales dates are May
20,21,22,  June 17k,18,19,  July22,23,24, and Sept 16,17,18.
Hours are Thu. Fri. 9-6,  Sat. 9-4.  They are also open by appointment.

They are Lenore Michaud 651-426-0568
              Tory Ferrey 651-429-8245
              LeAnn Fadel 651-426-1199

Has anyone else on this list been to their places?  I'd like to hear your
opinions on their plants and prices.  They say they specialize in hosta,
daylilies, wildflowers, astilbe and shade perennials.  If they don't have the
hosta that you want already potted up, they'll take your name and dig it up
for you, so you might want to call in advance.  They also like to trade for
plants they don't have yet.

I have the directions here too, if anyone wants, or of course you can call
them.

Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a