Re: Hosta Lady

In a message dated 5/16/99 8:16:14 AM Central Daylight Time,
seabeth@heart.net writes:

<< I don't know who the hosta lady is you are talking about, but Lillian
 Maroushek lives in Hastings MN and a visit to her garden is a lifetime
 experience.  I was there three maybe four years ago and it was a time I will
 remember as a most pleasant experience of a hosta lifetime.
 Beth Arnold >>

I agree whole-heartedly.  Lillian's is the 1st place I ever spent what I
considered alot of money on a hosta, maybe 4 or 5 years ago,  all because I
was so awed by her mature clump of what now is called H. 'Sagae'.  Lillian
went to dig one division from this clump for $20 and came back with two
instead saying she couldn't dig out just one without damaging some of the
clump so would I take TWO divisions for $25???  Well, of course I would.
One of my sisters who was with me at the time couldn't believe I'd spend so
much money for one plant.   If she only knew.   :o)

Cindy Johnson
White Bear Lake, MN
zone 4a