'Guardian Angel' and the 'Blue Angel' group of sports

  • To: "hosta-open" <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
  • Subject: 'Guardian Angel' and the 'Blue Angel' group of sports
  • From: "Daniel Nelson" <sussextreeinc@ce.net>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 21:13:43 -0400

The 'Blue Angel' group of sports.

I have a plant that is called 'Nanticoke Angel' that came from a local
nurseryman named Mike Harris. It is very much like Rick Thompsons
'Guardian Angel' and will be watched to see if it turns out to be the
same.

Chick Wasitis sells 'Angel Eyes' which is similar to 'Guardian Angel'.
Chick says the two do have some differences. Alex Summers grows 'Angel
Eyes' and 'Guardian Angel' side by side and he also says the two have
differences. I believe Chick has stated before that he has other
variations out of TC'ed lots of 'Blue Angel'.

Jim Hawes has a streaked version of 'Blue Angel' he calls 'Something
Special'.

Alex Summers has a sport of 'Blue Angel' that has a yellow edge. This
hosta was found by Bill Meyers in a batch of 'Blue Angel' at a large
retail outlet. It has no name.

There is a green version of 'Blue Angel' found by Klehm named 'Green
Angel'.

Does anyone have anything to add to this group of 'Blue Angel' sports?

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7
SussexTreeInc@ce.net
From: Gretchen Heinke
Subject: Guardian Angel

Van Wades employee, Diane, put out 12 Guardian Angels out by the picnic
table on Friday morning.  When I got there at 4:15, two were left.  One
when I left.  It is a beauty.
Gretchen In Columbus, OH.