Dry conditions

Am I correct to assume that due to the dry conditions we are experiencing up
here, my hostas are shorter than normal?  I was looking around, and they are
all "stout"!  Leaves have unfurled and are normal in size, but all hostas
are a quarter to half their normal height.  Will this condition correct
itself once they receive water?
I try to water patches daily, but the well is running low for the first time
in over 30 yrs.!
Merci
Barbara
Quebec, Canada