Re: walmart hostas---Brave Amherst

In a message dated 5/18/1999 10:49:17 AM Central Daylight Time,
SusanLittleDVM@compuserve.com writes:

<<
 I bought a hosta called Brave Amherst this week just because I liked its
 description. Anyone grow it?

One of my favorites of the Lachmans. Yes, I grow it. It is remarkably
beautiful.

BTW, did you all know that Robert Frost was once a neighbor of the Lachmans?
I think that Frost had a mean streak. Recall one of his more popular
verses--"Stopping By A Woods On A Snowy Evening,"

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near;
He gives his harness bells a shake---(Here comes the EVIL part!)
THE DARKEST EVENING OF THE YEAR!

When I read that last line to my chillen I always put a maniacal tone to my
voice.
At any rate that is why the Lachmans named a hosta after Frost.

Clyde Crockett z5