limp transplants

This is the first time I have cut into my hostas during leaf out. Some of the plants in the shock of it all have gone limp, soggy like.  Do I reduce the number of leaves, or will it pull itself together.  Gigantea and colossal were greatly affected.  Here in zone 3 I am just getting to the end of the unfurling stage. Any advise is considered helpful. Thanks bip@tdsnet.com