AHS Journal

My Journal arrived today, and after a quick perusal of the photographs, I
couldn't help but think of some of the visitors to my garden.  The particular
visitors that comes to mind, are the ones who must have all available hostas.
 There is no peace for them until they have acquired the latest and the best.
 Usually, one learns of their true hosta addiction first from the mate, who
trudges along dutifully, as the addict scrutinizes the plants.  Then, after a
once around, the addict finally begins a dialog other than hmm, yes, maybe,
to no one in particular.  That is, if the person is satisfied you have a
tolerable interest in the genus.  All of the very interesting new hostas,
some of which were pictured in the Journal, is going to send these people
into a spin.  I noted several were of foreign origin, and that could mean
years before they are available in the US.

The Journal, by the way, just keeps getting better!  If I can stay awake,
worked in the garden from 9am to 8:30pm, I would like to look at the pictures
again, and then start reading.

Patsy Stygall