Re: Hosta Journal

In a message dated 5/24/1999 8:36:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
lako731@usit.net writes:

<< Does anyone know who I should contact about getting a
 >journal that is not damaged? >>

I'd contact Cindy Nance. BUT-=-the fault does not lie with the AHS, except
The fault lies with the printer. The printer sends the Journal to a mailer
and instructs the mailer how to package the magazine. It was a cheap way of
doing it, to be sure.

I thought the Front Cover was HORRID! Can you believe how it was cropped?
Also, it is interesting to me that on the front cover is a picture of a
beautiful plant that is virtually unobtainable.

If you want to complain, complain to Bob Olson who is chummy with the
printers and who selected them. OR complain to Jim Wilkins.

I was also amused that there is always a call for photos. I have sent over a
hundred photos that are of excellent quality. Not one in the last Journal was
reproduced. It is obvious to me that photos only from a select few will be
used.AND to make matters worse, the Journal people do NOT return my pix!
I must say that with the exception of the OFC the QUALITY of the pix was
excellent; although the SELECTION was rather de trop.

Clyde Crockett z5