      From:   DrsJavinskyLittle [mailto:SusanLittleDVM@compuserve.com]
      Sent:   Thursday, May 27, 1999 10:35 AM
      To:     INTERNET:hosta-open@mallorn.com
      Subject:        Two questions

      Hi hosta folks:

      I have two questions I hope some can help with:

      1) I have been enjoying the discussion of species plants and it has spurred
      my interest in them. However, can someone tell me the correct
      pronounciation of "longipes" ?

      2) I am having trouble with H. Color Glory. No matter where I put this guy,
      he burns or scalds. Plus the slugs love him. I have had him in at least 3
      different locations, from part sun to full shade. He is not happy ! I am
      about to dig him up and pot him so I can play around with his location
      better and get him away from slugs. The few unharmed leaves he has are very
      nice ...... Advice, anyone?

      Susan Little DVM
      Diplomate ABVP (Feline)
      Bytown Cat Hospital