This is not about Hosta, just a funny story , I think.
Close to were I live there is I think a seventh day adventist
church( mormons) Members are going abroad from the US to spread the
gospel They are nice, friendly,well trained in dutch and bike riding
youngsters. Occasionaly I ask them in to talk about the US or their
study. But
O boy, how easily they can be recognized even  from a long distance!
If you see a young guy in a dark suit with a safety helmet on a bike
you are 99% sure it is from that church. You are 100 % sure if you
see two, and there are always two, of them at the same time! In
Holland rarely you ride a bike wearing a dark suit and nobody in
Holland wears helmets on the bike. Writing this, I realize, I have
never seen two girls  in such an "US/dutch" outfit let alone a mixed

Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Clusius lab pobox 9505
2300 RA Leiden
The Netherlands