Thanks

John,

Great to hear from you.  I was worried that your back was kicking up and
taking you out of service.  How is it going, by the way?

Thanks for the reply.  You do NOT need to return the photos; save your 33
cents.  They are just inkjet printouts.  I am having a lot of fun with my
new digital camera and look forward to using it a lot on the national
convention tours.  Will you and Laura be going to Ann Arbor?  Would love
to go to dinner with you one evening if you are.  I will be going through
Dick Ward's gardens this coming Tuesday evening.  I hear it is fabulous.
Have you ever done TC for him?

Do different cultivars respond differently, with respect to growth, to
the replication medium?  just like normal plant growth?  Sultana - fast;
Buckeye Blue - slow.  I will divide and recycle them a weekend from now.
Certainly will keep you posted of progress (how is that for positive
thinking?).

Did I tell you about sport of 'Blue Mammoth'?  Have one crown settled
with gold border; two crowns still very unstable - will try some
hybridizing with them and hopefully get seeds from them.

We are off to Philadelphia for the weekend to visit our daughter,
son-in-law and three grandchildren - all boys: 8, 5 & 2.

I'll ask Bob Kuk about 'Punky' when I'm there on the 3rd.  Even have
written myself a note to that end.  Memory is not what it used to be,
especially when I get distracted!

Again, THANK YOU for all your help.  I certainly appreciate it and am
indebted to you for it and the encouragement.