? Best way to store pesticides, tanks, seed for winter

Last winter I stored three spray tanks in my garage.  I had to replace all of
the handles on them this past spring as they cracked due to moisture freezing
and expanding.  Friendly reminder for you all!

Do pesticides and herbicides need to be stored inside for them to work well
next spring?

How about grass seed?  Where is the best place to store that?  Warm, cool,
light, dark?

Help and thoughts appreciated.

Thomas S. Carlson
19 Mid Oaks Road