For your information: Gore

> Can we get the political shit to stop?
Rich, I am sorry you do not like the political stuff, I think most of us are
concerned about our future.  I know I am.  I really just want people to know
the truth.

So I will again enter some info about the Gore camp.  How many know that
after December 5, only front loading washing machines will be legal in the
U.S.?

The Clinton-Gore Adm. will take off the market the models of washers that
American have been buying and force us to change to a style the
environmental extremists claim will reduce gobal warming.  This is the same
adm. that sanctimoniously espouses "a womans right to choose" but will deny
you a right to choose the kind of washer you prefer.  A back-room deal
without consumers or taxpayers present, Clinton-Gore environmentalists
conspired with industry to mandate the manufacture of only front-loading
machines.  The mandate requires elimination of the agitator.  Front-loaders
are available now but make up less than 12% of sales so the attitude is
force peoplle to buy front loaders.  On October 5 the Dept. of Energy
(DOE)proposed two new regulations, one for clothes washers and the other for
air conditioners and heat pumps.  Homemakers do not make a practice of
reading the notices in the Federal Register and the 60 day comment period
will expire just as house holds are busy getting ready for Christmas.
(DOE) Secretary Bill Richarson issued a press release claiming the new
regulation will bring "big savings" for consumers and the environment".  The
regulations will actually add $240 to the price of a clothes washer, $274 to
the price of a residential central air conditioner and $486 to the price of
a heat pump.  A load of laundry will take about 10 minutes longer, and will
require a special detergent.  The reason for these mandates is that the
Gore-style environmentalists want to reduce the amount of water and elec.
Americans use in order to comply with United Nations treaties about energy
even if the U.S. hasn't ratified them.  They do not care how much this costs
consumers or how much it reduces our standard of living.  The appliance mfg.
are glad to support the new rule to force us to buy the more expensive
washers that otherwise don't sell.

At this late date, you can only write your Congressman and insist that the
public comment time be extended until we have time to register our
objections.

By the way, in 1992 Al Gore said, "We have an environmental crisis, a health
insurance crisis, and substandard education.  It is time for a change."  It
is eight years later and Gore is still carping about the same crises.  Where
has he been for the last eight years?
Best Regards, Beth