RE: Election

I don't understand the type-casting of Union = working man.  I have worked since I was
eleven years old, in several industries and a number of locations.  I have never been in a
union, and have observed in the plants in which I worked, union members worked less than
non-union personnel.  Many products were moved from union restrictions to the freedom of
non-union operations.  I felt sorry for the misled workers who thought they were buying job
security with their dues.

I felt good that Gore said there were even "some good people" working for big companies. I
wonder what his criteria was for deciding who was good, and since he has never been a part
of a workforce, how does he KNOW what goes on behind the plant fences.

Dan

Katherine wrote:

but then again I am a Unionist and I wonder what
George "dubya" Bush is going to do for the working man.