Re: TOP LOADERS

Beth, do you own a laundry?  I think the cost would have affected the
decision her is we needed more than one and if we had not had such horrible
experiences with the last two top loaders that we owned.

Yes, I own and operate a laundromat.  I have 22 top loading Maytags and they
are excellent machines but it is a small mom and pop operation and I cannot
afford to replace 22 top loaders with 22 front loading Maytags.  They are
very costly in a commercial model!  Unfortunately new Maytag toploaders is
one of the expenses I had intended in about two years to update my
laundromat.  Since I want to retire ( in four years?), and pass on (sell) my
business to someone who is interested in a small family business, this
expense might even make the cost of buying  the business prohibitive for a
new small business owner (mom & pop) given the initial investment for them.
Or, if the government mandates I replace my machines with front loaders, I
might have to price my business out of the reach of another small business
person.  I really would like to see someone be able to afford to own their
own business.  Add $22,000 to the cost of the business, other equipment and
building might just price it out of mom and pops reach.  Someone might say,
so what, that's their problem.  I don't think that way.  I was able to
purchase it reasonably and I would like to do that for someone else.  With
the government mandate, I may not  have that choice.  At this point someone
might say, buy them now.  Well you see, I just spent $35,000 for other new
equipment and do not desire to escalate that debt at this time.

Sorry for rambling.
Beth Arnold
Peoria Illinois  Zone 5