I've been reading all of your recent posts with interest, a bit of outrage, and a lot of humor.  I just want to add one teensy weensy thing to this discussion...

I am an American citizen who lived all over the world while growing up for 18 years, so I've seen a lot of things that most people of my generation haven't (I'm 30-something)... our system isn't perfect, but it's certainly one of the better ones out there.  I know that many things here in the U.S. are messed up, mistakes are made, etc.  But I've lived in places where the right to vote and that thing called "democracy" were unknown, where martial law was in force, and where dictators ruled the country however they saw fit, and usually it was not in the best interest of the citizens of that country.  I've lived in a country where the leader was assassinated, and I lived there through the following 2 years of revolution.

On Friday ne of my co-workers said "Yep, things are messed up, but the U.S. is probably the only country in the world who could handle this whole thing without going to war over it."

So... no matter how this whole things works out, just keep in mind that we here in the U.S. are FREE to vote, and we DO have a say in who our leaders will be.  Be thankful for that.

Off my soap box now...

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life