From: Meum71@aol.com <Meum71@aol.com>
To: hosta-open@mallorn.com <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Date: Sunday, November 12, 2000 5:43 AM
Subject: Re: The debates linger...

In a message dated 11/12/2000 12:17:41 AM Central Standard Time,
andrewl@hostahaven.com writes:

<< court for injunctive relief to prohibit a manual recount of
the votes (in West
Palm Beach County?).  Why would you NOT want to allow the
actual votes to be
tallied at this point?  Bad move.  Incredibly stupid move.
The longer this >>

The votes have been counted twice now...the problem with the "hand
is that it is a great opportunity for biased counting or fraud.

Hand counting has to many problems and opportunities for willful
or negligence-on the other hand the counting machines do not care who
wins-they just tally up the results.