Re: Political stuff

Ran Lydell wrote:What is

> so frightening about letting the count stand with out the possiability of
> human error, and waiting now for the mail in ballots.  We are ALL getting
> had by this process as it is appears to be devloping.
> Ran

My dear politically conservative friend Ran,

What is so frightening to me is that Dubya did not win the Florida vote.  I
would like to hear one person tell me with a straight face that they think more
people in Florida voted for Bush than Gore. You cannot decide that Bush should
be the President because you hate Gore.  You can only decide that if he wins the
election.  It's right there in the Constitution you conservatives love so much.
And that is much more important than the fact that you have to spend a few more
years under a Democratic President, hopefully years as good as the last eight.

I don't like Al Gore.  I think he's a dip.  Don't like George Bush either.  I
still think the best solution is to have the Congressional elections two weeks
before the Presidential.  That way we could see who won Congress and vote for
the Presidential candidate from the other party so these idiots could not get
much done.  Personally, I think the last 8 years were just fine because the
President and Congress could not work together and weren't able to screw
anything up.  And I think what's going on now guarantees that nothing much will
get done for the next 4 years.  I frankly don't care which one of them is
President, I just think that it should be the one who got the votes to justify
it, and from what I can see, it wasn't George Bush.  I promise you, if I had
thought that the Democrats were going to win the Congress, I would have voted
for Bush.

Your liberal friend and believer in the Constitution,
Chick