Florida Apology

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Florida Apology
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:38:14 -0500 (EST)
From: lwc <letta@bu.edu>
To: kristi groberg <kgroberg@fargocity.com>

Dear Nation,

We, the state of Florida, would like to apologize for not being able to
count. We knew our schools were lagging behind the rest of the nation,
but we never knew just how bad things were here.

Maybe its from all that pesticide we use to control those giant palmetto
bugs. Maybe its from too many margaritas and Jimmy Buffet. Maybe, just
maybe, the glorious Florida sun has baked our brains just a little too much.

We also want to apologize that even after hundreds of years of voting, we
were not aware of the fact that we can only pick ONE Presidential
candidate and not two. Some of us thought down here in the Sunshine
State that we could make a second choice. Kinda like when we vote for
our favorite Disney character. Oh well.

Again, sincere apologies, we have our abacus' out and we are starting
over and we swear we will get it right this time.

The Citizens of State of Florida