Re: Political stuff

----- Original Message -----
From: chick <chick@bridgewoodgardens.com>
To: <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: Political stuff

> Ran Lydell wrote:What is
>
> > so frightening about letting the count stand with out the posiability of
> > human error, and waiting now for the mail in ballots.  We are ALL
getting
> > had by this process as it is appears to be developing.
> > Ran
>
> My dear politically conservative friend Ran,
>
> What is so frightening to me is that Dubya did not win the Florida vote.
> would like to hear one person tell me with a straight face that they think
more
> people in Florida voted for Bush than Gore. You cannot decide that Bush
should
> be the President because you hate Gore.  And I think what's going on now
guarantees that nothing much will
> get done for the next 4 years.  I frankly don't care which one of them is
> President, I just think that it should be the one who got the votes to
justify
> it, and from what I can see, it wasn't George Bush.  I promise you, if I
had
> thought that the Democrats were going to win the Congress, I would have
voted
> for Bush.
>
> Your liberal friend and believer in the Constitution,
> Chick

Chick
On many of your observations I agree.  ( frightening isn't it) I suspect
that much of the pro Bush vote is really anti Gore.  I do think you can tell
a lot about how a team will behave when you see tham under stress.  That is
exactly where the Democrat team finds themselves right now.  I am carefully
watching, how BOTH sides conduct their behaviour in this.  I think if we
keep our eyes open , we will learn a lot!
Ran ( From way to the right of Rush Limbaugh !)